Are you looking for a fun but easy to set up art activity?
This initial artwork is a great back to school idea or in fact, any time of the year.
It’s so fun and also easy to complete and there are a few variations with the mediums that you can use.
Each child will need:
~ art paper,
~ a black crayon (the thicker, the better),
~ 6 x different colored paints and
~ paintbrushes (for each color).
1. Each child writes the initials of their name in large print touching the top and bottom (Pre-K and K students will need guidance) and reach as far across as they can.
2. Turn the page to the left and write the initials again.
3. Turn the page to the left and write the initials again.
4. Turn the page to the left and write the initials again.
5. Color in the shapes using different colored paint. Start with one color at a time and fill in the several shapes and repeat this process with all colors until all of the shapes are filled with paint.
You could also use pencils or crayons to complete the artwork.
Initials artwork using pastel colored crayons.
You might like to use the artwork to cover student books!
Can you guess the initials used in the artwork above?
For more art ideas, see our Pinterest board: Art & Craft Ideas
Click here (or on our blog button below) to follow our blog to receive updates of our new blog posts, resources, ideas and giveaways.
(Visited 371 times, 1 visits today)